It's fun to "carve" cheesy faces on these nicely seasoned burgers I served at my Halloween theme party. Hungry trick-or-treaters in our family welcome the hearty sandwiches…and they're a can't-miss entree for a casual holiday get-together. —Vicki Schlechter, Davis, California
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 10 slices process American cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine soup mix, ketchup, brown sugar, horseradish and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 10 patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry until the meat is no longer pink.
- Cut eyes, nose and mouth out of each cheese slice to create a jack-o'-lantern. Place cheese on burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Jack-o'-Lantern Burgers in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p37
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review