Jack-o'-Lantern Burgers Recipe
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 10 slices process American cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soup mix, ketchup, brown sugar, horseradish and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 10 patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry until the meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Cut eyes, nose and mouth out of each cheese slice to create a jack-o'-lantern. Place cheese on burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 451 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Jack-o'-Lantern Burgers
"hamburgers were really good but our cheese melted too much and we lost the faces. We'll try it again..."
"My mother-in-law has been serving a different version of this recipe for over 50 years. It isn't halloween at our house without them."
"The flavor of these burgers are outstanding!"
"This is a great tasting burger! We make these at least once a month."
" What a cute idea!
"Easy, delicious, and hearty!"