Jack-o'-Lantern Burgers Recipe
It's fun to "carve" cheesy faces on these nicely seasoned burgers I served at my Halloween theme party. Hungry trick-or-treaters in our family welcome the hearty sandwiches…and they're a can't-miss entree for a casual holiday get-together. —Vicki Schlechter, Davis, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 10 slices process American cheese
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soup mix, ketchup, brown sugar, horseradish and chili powder. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 10 patties. Grill, broil or pan-fry until the meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Cut eyes, nose and mouth out of each cheese slice to create a jack-o'-lantern. Place cheese on burgers; cook until cheese is slightly melted, about 1 minute. Serve on buns. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 451 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC