Jack N Jill Burgers
Whether or not family members spent the day fetching pails of water, they're sure to fall for these speedy sandwiches. Topped with Monterey Jack cheese and your favorite fixings, the thick broiled burgers are moist and flavorful.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup finely crushed seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef
- over the mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in. thick patties;
- place on an ungreased broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until no
- longer pink. Top each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato
- slices. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now