Whether or not family members spent the day fetching pails of water, they're sure to fall for these speedy sandwiches. Topped with Monterey Jack cheese and your favorite fixings, the thick broiled burgers are moist and flavorful.
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup finely crushed seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over the mixture and mix well. Shape into six 1/2-in. thick patties; place on an ungreased broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top each with a cheese slice. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Jack N Jill Burgers in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p38
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jack N Jill Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review