Jack Cheese Oven Omelet Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, seasoned salt, 2 cups cheese, bacon and sauteed onions. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 338 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.