Jack Cheese Oven Omelet
Although it's easy, the omelet looks like you fussed. Sometimes I toss in mushrooms and cheddar cheese for a different flavor. —Laurel Roberts, Vancouver, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium
- heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon
- aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, seasoned salt, 2 cups cheese,
- bacon and sauteed onions. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 352 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 338 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.