- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onions in drippings until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, seasoned salt, 2 cups cheese, bacon and sauteed onions. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Jack Cheese Oven Omelet
Sort By :
"I make this for the office crew almost every Friday...they love it! And it doesn't take long to prepare. I use veggies instead of bacon as we have a couple of vegetarians in the group. Also, have used egg beaters which came out fine as well!"
"I made a variation of this dish. I actually used sausage rather than bacon, and white onions rather than green. I think this is a great little dish. I will use it again and add other veggies to it as well."
"Really good and easy. Made a half portion for husband and self and used 1/2 monterey jack and 1/2 pepper jack cheeses for a little kick. Reheats well. A keeper."
"This is so so delicious."