Iva's Peach Cobbler
My mother received this recipe from a friend of hers many years ago, and, fortunately, she shared it with me.
With Boise situated right between two large fruit-producing areas in our state, peaches are very plentiful in the summer-and who ever gets their fill of fresh peaches?
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 to 8 large ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Combine peaches, cornstarch and sugar; place in a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. For crust, combine flour, egg yolks, butter,
- baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Gently fold egg whites. Spread
- over peaches. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or until the
- fruit is bubbling around edges and top is golden. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 224 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.