I make this hot vegetable dish quite often in summer when zucchini is abundant. Garden-fresh sliced onion and tomato add a tasty touch.—Christopher Gordon, Springfield, Missouri
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole, layer on-third of the zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Squeeze one lemon quarter over all. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter. Squeeze remaining lemon over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Zucchini in Taste of Home October/November 1993, p47
Reviews for Italian Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review