- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown sausage with onion; drain excess fat. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and simmer 1 hour. Stir in zucchini and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Italian Zucchini Soup
Sort By :
Yummy! I used Hot Italian sausage, and added 2+Cups of chicken stock,, as somebody suggested. The Hot sausage made it quite hot, but once the zucchini was added, it tempered the heat a bit. Still spicy, though, but we like some heat. Froze some for winter meal. Will make again.
Added white beans, baby bellas and diatelini pasta.... fabulous!
Really good recipe. First time I made this recipe I substituted five pieces of smokey bacon for the sausage added two cups of chicken stock and one tablespoon of chili flakes. Sorry I also added three cups of Cannellini Beans to make up for the missing texture of the sausage. Great depth of flavours. Awesome soup and a great use of zucchini
Just waiting for the zucchini to grow bigger before picking!
Very good, everyone in my family liked the soup even my daughter who doesn't, like zucchini.