- 1 cup coarsely shredded yellow summer squash
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 5 tablespoons chopped ripe olives, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- English muffins, split and toasted, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute squash and mushrooms in butter until tender. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and eggs until smooth. Stir in reserved vegetables and 1/4 cup olives. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray; fill half full with egg mixture. Bake at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until set.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic salt; sprinkle over egg mixture. Combine the onion, tomatoes and remaining olives; spoon over the top. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on English muffins if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Italian Zucchini Mini-Frittatas
Sort By :
These were so good. I did not have Monterey Jack shredded cheese so used the Italian blend of five cheeses.
These frittatas are great for a light dinner. I love the flavor of the vegetables and cheeses. I will definitely make these again. Even my picky 13 year old likes them!
These were excellent! The leftovers also saved really well for lunch the next day.
I made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was great! I didn't have zucchini, so I substituted green pepper instead. We'll definitely have this again!