- 2 small zucchini
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1/4 cup salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set aside. Chop zucchini pulp; set aside.
- Crumble sausage into a small skillet; add onion and celery. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the croutons, 2 tablespoons cheese and zucchini pulp. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Place in an ungreased baking dish; add 1/4 in. of water. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Zucchini Boats
Sort By :
Love these!! I add more sausage but other than that I followed to the letter. So good with rice balls.
It was a great recipe. My Husband LOVED it~ I wasn't to big on the Italian sausge b/c of all the spices but I will cook it again for my family and just put less sausage or maybe regular sausage.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >