- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole, layer on-third of the zucchini, onion and tomatoes. Squeeze one lemon quarter over all. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter. Squeeze remaining lemon over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian Zucchini
Sort By :
I added fresh grated parmesan between the layers. Delicious!
This was wonderful...... I had only one zucchini so I used a yellow squash for the 2nd zucchini. And I always add ground pepper....... definitely a two-helping side..... or a main course with a salad!
Excellent low/no calorie side dish, fantastic flavors