Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. Add the broth, spinach, onion powder, parsley and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pasta; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Italian Wedding Soup(8)
Sort By :
Finally found the perfect Italian wedding recipe. Taste great!
This is the best wedding soup recipe I've tried to date as I've been searching now for awhile. I made two changes; cut back on the beef by 50% and doubled the spinach.
So simple yet elegant soup! You will not be disappointed in this.. I used italian breadcrumbs and more spinach (i love spinach) than called for. It tastes as delicious the next day too!!
Outstanding! Get so many requests for this soup! Now, I just brown some frozen meatballs and toss them in. Also, for the person who said it's too salty, you can control that by using low salt chicken broth and adding salt to your taste. As for me, I love it just the way it is!
Very salty, didn't care for meatballs, doesn't compare to the real thing.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Wedding Soup >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >