Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
I'm not sure where the name of this soup originated, but my aunt in Pennsylvania shared the recipe with me. Even in our hot-Florida climate, this soup always satisfies. Family and friends frequently ask me to prepare it. - Nancy Ducharme, Deltona, Florida
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/4 cups cooked medium pasta shells
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, cheese, bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in small batches; drain. Add the broth, spinach, onion powder, parsley and remaining salt, pepper and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pasta; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup equals 226 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Wedding Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC