- pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the carrots, celery, parsnip and
- onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, herbes de Provence,
- pepper flakes and pepper.
- Drain meatballs on paper towels. Bring soup to a boil; add meatballs.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to
- freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a large
- saucepan; bring to a boil. Add orzo; cook 8-10 minutes longer or
- until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook and
- stir until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 281 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat.