- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 cups cooked ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a stockpot, saute the onion, celery and carrots in oil until tender. Add the cabbage, potatoes and green beans; cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Add the water, tomatoes, bouillon and salt; bring to a boil. Carefully add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meatballs are heated through.
- Stir in the beans, spinach and pasta; heat through. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Yield: 12 servings (5 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Wedding Minestrone in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2010, p289
Reviews for Italian Wedding Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review