Italian Venison Sandwiches
"The slow cooker makes easy work of these hearty venison sandwiches," assures Andrew Henson, an avid hunter and cook from Morrison, Illinois. "The meat always comes out tender and tasty."
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless venison roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 to 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Green pepper rings, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Add
- venison and stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is
- tender. Using a slotted spoon, spoon into rolls. Top with pepper
- rings if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 319 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.