- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless venison roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 to 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Green pepper rings, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Add venison and stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. Using a slotted spoon, spoon into rolls. Top with pepper rings if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Venison Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p60
Reviews for Italian Venison Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2010
We have made this recipe several times and love it. We do use beefy Onion soup mix instead of the bouillon and Onion soup mix. This is very good and would be excellent with beef too.