"The slow cooker makes easy work of these hearty venison sandwiches," assures Andrew Henson, an avid hunter and cook from Morrison, Illinois. "The meat always comes out tender and tasty."
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless venison roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 to 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Green pepper rings, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Add venison and stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. Using a slotted spoon, spoon into rolls. Top with pepper rings if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Venison Sandwiches in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p60
Reviews for Italian Venison Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review