Italian Veggie Turkey Pitas
One day I took the recipe for a favorite dip and added vegetables and turkey to create this flavorful sandwich filling. Pitas are a nice change from ordinary bread.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup chopped cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 celery rib, julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressing
- mix and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the turkey, cauliflower, broccoli,
- cabbage, celery, carrot, green pepper and onion. Spoon into pita
- breads lined with lettuce if desired. Yield: 5 servings.