One day I took the recipe for a favorite dip and added vegetables and turkey to create this flavorful sandwich filling. Pitas are a nice change from ordinary bread.
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup chopped cauliflowerets
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 celery rib, julienned
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 5 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressing mix and hot pepper sauce. Stir in the turkey, cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, celery, carrot, green pepper and onion. Spoon into pita breads lined with lettuce if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Italian Veggie Turkey Pitas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p161
Reviews for Italian Veggie Turkey Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review