Italian Veggie Skillet Recipe
“Although I’m retired, I like recipes that are fast to prepare,” shares Josephine Piro of Easton, Pennsylvania. “This side dish is ready in no time and incorporates vegetables and herbs from our garden for a refreshing taste.”
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute squash and mushrooms in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes, salt and garlic. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the parsley, rosemary, thyme and 1-1/2 teaspoons basil; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with onion and remaining basil; lightly toss. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2-3 servings.
2/3 cup: 86 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Italian Veggie Skillet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC