Italian Veggie Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1-3/4 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- Pepperoncini, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing mix, water, vinegar and oil. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, place romaine in a large serving bowl. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Top with pepperoncini if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Italian Veggie Salad
"Nice crisp salad. I was a little leery of the water in the dressing, but it was fine."