Italian Veggie Salad Recipe
I created this salad when I needed a crowd-pleaser for an event at a community charity drive and it was a huge success. I have been asked repeatedly for the recipe and asked to please make this at least six events this year. This salad keeps very well if you keep it refrigerated.—
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1-3/4 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- Pepperoncini, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing mix, water, vinegar and oil. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, place romaine in a large serving bowl. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Top with pepperoncini if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
1 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Veggie Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC