I created this salad when I needed a crowd-pleaser for an event at a community charity drive and it was a huge success. I have been asked repeatedly for the recipe and asked to please make this at least six events this year. This salad keeps very well if you keep it refrigerated.—
Featured In: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- 1-3/4 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- Pepperoncini, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing mix, water, vinegar and oil. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, place romaine in a large serving bowl. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Top with pepperoncini if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Italian Veggie Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p77
Reviews for Italian Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2014
"Nice crisp salad. I was a little leery of the water in the dressing, but it was fine."