Italian Vegetable Saute Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons, optional
- 1. In a skillet, saute the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in butter until peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with croutons if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without croutons) equals 52 calories, 38 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Italian Vegetable Saute
"This was quick and easy but not much flavor. I will not make again."