Italian Vegetable Saute
"This speedy side dish is loaded with flavor," comments Kenda Nicholson, Honey Grove, Texas. "It's a wonderful way to use up garden bounty—the recipe was the result of an abundant crop of green peppers my parents grew."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons, optional
- In a skillet, saute the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in
- butter until peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add
- tomatoes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle
- with croutons if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with margarine and without croutons) equals 52 calories, 38 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 3 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.