"This speedy side dish is loaded with flavor," comments Kenda Nicholson, Honey Grove, Texas. "It's a wonderful way to use up garden bounty—the recipe was the result of an abundant crop of green peppers my parents grew."
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup seasoned croutons, optional
- In a skillet, saute the peppers, garlic and Italian seasoning in butter until peppers are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with croutons if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Vegetable Saute in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p11
Reviews for Italian Vegetable Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"This was quick and easy but not much flavor. I will not make again."