Italian Vegetable Medley
Round out a variety of menus with this side dish that lends a delicious pop of color. “If you have them, use leftover veggies. People are always surprised at how easy this dish is!”
Margaret Wilson - Sun City, CA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli vegetable blend
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Microwave vegetables according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder,
- seasoned salt and pepper. Drain vegetables; stir in butter. Sprinkle
- with cheese mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 79 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.