I love to fix this hamburger vegetable stew on chilly fall and winter days. The tasty variety of ingredients and seasonings ensures this combination is a crowd-pleaser.
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the next 12 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender. Add cabbage, macaroni and parsley. Cook 20 minutes longer or until cabbage is tender. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Vegetable Bowl in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2000, p98
Reviews for Italian Vegetable Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review