- Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a
- fork until dough forms a ball. Divide pastry into thirds; set aside
- a third.
- On a floured surface, roll out remaining pastry to fit a 9-in. pie
- plate. Transfer pastry to a pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond
- edge of pie plate; flute edges.
- For filling, coat veal cubes with flour. In a skillet, brown veal on
- all sides in butter. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, cheese,
- sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Transfer into prepared crust. Top with cheese slices. Roll out
- remaining pastry. Cut into 2-in. circles. Place on top of filling.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 535 calories, 32 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.