Italian Turkey Tenders Recipe
Flavorful and crispy, this healthier version of a kids’ favorite should delight the whole family. Seasoned bread crumbs or ranch dressing would make tasty variations. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and salad dressing. Place flour in another shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Coat turkey with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- 2. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz turkey with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 329 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 766 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 42 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC