Flavorful and crispy, this healthier version of a kids’ favorite should delight the whole family. Seasoned bread crumbs or ranch dressing would make tasty variations. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and salad dressing. Place flour in another shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Coat turkey with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz turkey with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey Tenders in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p53
Reviews for Italian Turkey Tenders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review