- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in turkey, tomatoes, soup and seasonings; heat through.
- Drain linguine; add to turkey mixture and toss to combine. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Skillet
"Thought this was a very tasty recipe. It only needed 8 ounces of linquine, though. I also used browned gr. turkey instead. I will make it again. Great for weeknight meal!"
"Did not like this recipe, sorry, I thought the tomatoes over powered everything."
"Quick to make and tasty. I used chicken, but it was still very good. Left out the parsley and added a bit more Italian seasoning. I'd make this one again!"
"kyle1987 rated the wrong recipe. This has no ham or milk. Terrible recipe. Love pasta and turkey but this was awful."
"This was a good recipe; very quick and easy to throw together. I accidentally grabed the wrong can and used stewed tomatoes instead but it came out fine."