Italian Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, celery and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. Stir in turkey, tomatoes, soup and seasonings; heat through.
- 2. Drain linguine; add to turkey mixture and toss to combine. If desired, sprinkle with cheese and let stand, covered, until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup (calculated without cheese) equals 337 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Skillet
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.