Italian Turkey Sandwiches
I hope you enjoy these tasty turkey sandwiches as much as our family does. The recipe makes plenty, so it's great for potlucks. (Leftovers are just as good).-Carol Riley, Ossian, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split
- Place turkey breast in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and
- green pepper.
- Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillon; pour over
- turkey and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until
- turkey is tender.
- Shred turkey with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat
- through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 374 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 2 starch.