Italian Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
I hope you enjoy these tasty turkey sandwiches as much as our family does. The recipe makes plenty, so it's great for potlucks. (Leftovers are just as good). —Carol Riley, Ossian, Indiana
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds), skin removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split
- 1. Place turkey breast in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion and green pepper.
- 2. Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillon; pour over turkey and vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
- 3. Shred turkey with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 12 servings.
1 sandwich equals 374 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 724 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC