Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 12 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1. Cut a 1-in. slice off top of bread and set aside. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). Brush inside of bread with salad dressing.
- 2. In the bread shell, layer the spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, turkey, cucumber, tomato and remaining cheese. Replace bread top; wrap loaf in foil.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 338 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1111mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf
"I love this recipe. My mom used to make it for us when we were growing up. It is so easy and tasty. This is perfect for a quick dinner too. I made this for my husband for lunch with some sweet potato fries and he loved it!"