Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf Recipe
One wedge of this sandwich goes a long way. Each bite is packed with turkey, cheese and vegetables.
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 12 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1. Cut a 1-in. slice off top of bread and set aside. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). Brush inside of bread with salad dressing.
- 2. In the bread shell, layer the spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, turkey, cucumber, tomato and remaining cheese. Replace bread top; wrap loaf in foil.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 338 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1111mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC