Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf Recipe
One wedge of this sandwich goes a long way. Each bite is packed with turkey, cheese and vegetables.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing YIELD:6 servings
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 12 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1. Cut a 1-in. slice off top of bread and set aside. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). Brush inside of bread with salad dressing.
- 2. In the bread shell, layer the spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, turkey, cucumber, tomato and remaining cheese. Replace bread top; wrap loaf in foil.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 338 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC