- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 12 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Cut a 1-in. slice off top of bread and set aside. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (save removed bread for another use). Brush inside of bread with salad dressing.
- In the bread shell, layer the spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, turkey, cucumber, tomato and remaining cheese. Replace bread top; wrap loaf in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p98
Reviews for Italian Turkey Sandwich Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2014
"I love this recipe. My mom used to make it for us when we were growing up. It is so easy and tasty. This is perfect for a quick dinner too. I made this for my husband for lunch with some sweet potato fries and he loved it!"