"Because I'm watching my weight, I've used this recipe for years," writes Janet Bumb of Beallsville, Maryland. "Served with a flavorful tomato sauce, these cutlets taste so good that my son, who is thin and doesn't need to worry about his weight, requests them for his birthday dinner!"
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick over medium heat, cook turkey in batches in remaining oil until no longer pink. Serve with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey Cutlets in Light & Tasty June/July 2003
Reviews for Italian Turkey Cutlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review