Italian Turkey Cutlets Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/4 pounds turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 2 teaspoons oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, oregano and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of turkey cutlets with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick over medium heat, cook turkey in batches in remaining oil until no longer pink. Serve with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Cutlets
Sort By :
"I really, REALLY enjoyed this recipe! So simple but an amazing flavor! I actually used two leeks that I had on hand in place of the onion - basically bulked up the veggie end of this. I also pan seared the cutlets in a cast iron skillet. Will definitely be making this again! Thanks Janet! :)"