Italian Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick oval-shape patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 165° and juices run clear.
- Place a patty on each of four slices of bread. Drizzle with spaghetti sauce; top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Burgers(10)
Sort By :
I have been using this recipe for years, but I shape the meat into meatballs and bake in the oven. Makes a great turkey meatball sub.
The burgers tasted good and I topped them with diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese instead. But the patties seemed very wet. I did add breadcrumbs which didn't seem to help. I would make these again and cook them on either a George Foreman grill or in the oven, not an outside grill. The patties seemed to fall apart.
These are fantastic!! I made them on my George Foreman contact grill. I served them on garlic toast. Sadly, I didn't have any mozzarella cheese on hand to slice; I think mozzarella on top would make them even better (not that they're not great as is).
I'm trying to avoid breads, so I just made the patties and warmed up some canned mushrooms with the spaghetti sauce. I even used EXTRA LEAN ground turkey and the spaghetti sauce kept it moist while the seasoning gave it great flavor. I am going to make this one of my healthy staples. thanks
These were great! I made garlic cheese toast by broiling sandwich thins in the oven, and used them as the bread to make it a little lighter.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >