Italian Turkey Breast Recipe
"My husband, Hal, and I enjoy this Italian-style turkey dish as a delightful change of pace," says Helen Vail of Glenside, Pennsylvania. "The dressed-up turkey slices are never dry, and they cook in just minutes."
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 turkey breast slices (3 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and thyme
- 2 teaspoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon nonfat Parmesan cheese topping
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pepper; add turkey slices. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown turkey in oil and butter. Combine the tomato sauce, oregano, basil and thyme; pour over turkey. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until no turkey is longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Italian Turkey Breast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC