Italian Turkey and Noodles
A jar of meatless spaghetti sauce makes this easy dish a perfect supper during the week...just add a green salad and dinner is set. Best of all, my whole family loves it. Cindi Roshia of Racine, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion and
- green pepper until turkey is no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and
- onion salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 392 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.