A jar of meatless spaghetti sauce makes this easy dish a perfect supper during the week...just add a green salad and dinner is set. Best of all, my whole family loves it. —Cindi Roshia of Racine, Wisconsin
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and onion salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey and Noodles in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p29
Reviews forItalian Turkey and Noodles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
"My family loved this I we did think it needed more garlic for us but that's a easy fix just sit garlic powder out and any one who wants more can add some. We loved it!!!"