A jar of meatless spaghetti sauce makes this easy dish a perfect supper during the week...just add a green salad and dinner is set. Best of all, my whole family loves it. —Cindi Roshia of Racine, Wisconsin
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and onion salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Turkey and Noodles in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Turkey and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review