Italian Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Fold in tuna. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 63 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Italian Tuna Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.