"This fresh, colorful salad has a nice crunch," reports Lois Gelzer of Standish, Maine.
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) reduced-sodium chunk white tuna, drained and flaked
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Fold in tuna. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Italian Tuna Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p17
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Tuna Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review