Italian Tuna Pasta Salad
My husband was fond of fish, so I was always looking for new recipes. When we had this dish at an Italian friend's home, I got the recipe. It is a good choice for potluck suppers or picnics.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cooked small shell pasta
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 6 tablespoons creamy Italian salad dressing
- Lettuce leaf, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, carrots, zucchini, tuna and salad
- dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve in a
- lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 418 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.