Italian Tossed Salad
From Bellville, Ohio, Gayle Parker sent a snappy recipe for Italian Tossed Salad that pressed-for-time cooks can squeeze into any menu. Simple and colorful, it complements a casual lunch or a fancy holiday dinner, she writes.
It's a little different from plain old iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. Canned kidney beans add protein and texture, and the pepperoni and other fixings give it a fresh zest
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, cheese, beans, pepperoni,
- onion and diced tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Yield: 8 servings.