Italian Tossed Salad Recipe
From Bellville, Ohio, Gayle Parker sent a snappy recipe for Italian Tossed Salad that pressed-for-time cooks can squeeze into any menu. Simple and colorful, it complements a casual lunch or a fancy holiday dinner, she writes. It's a little different from plain old iceberg lettuce and tomatoes. Canned kidney beans add protein and texture, and the pepperoni and other fixings give it a fresh zesty taste. I belong to a camping club that meets monthly, says Gayle. This salad is easy to prepare in our compact motor home kitchen, so I often take it to our potluck suppers.
- 1 package (12 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, cheese, beans, pepperoni, onion and diced tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Tossed Salad in Country Woman November/December 2004, p39
Reviews for Italian Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review