- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 5 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 8 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the water, tomatoes, cheese, bouillon and pesto.
- Place peppers in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add to mushroom mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cut prosciutto into thin strips; garnish each serving with prosciutto and cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Italian Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
"This soup was pretty good, although I didn't care much for the mushrooms in it (I do like mushrooms, just didnt like em in the soup). I think next time I will substitute zucchini or some other veggie. But the soup was pretty good nontheless."
"My husband & I both enjoyed this. Will make many times"
"Absolutely fabulous! Best soup recipe I've ever had!!!"
"Very good soup. I didn't have any prepared pesto on hand so I used basil and a little italian seasoning instead...turned out great."