“You can pick up everything for this hearty soup at the supermarket on the way home, then put it together in minutes. To save more time, purchase sliced mushrooms. Serve with crusty bread and salad greens.” Gilda Lester - Millsboro, Delaware
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 5 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 8 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 8 teaspoons grated Romano cheese
- In a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the water, tomatoes, cheese, bouillon and pesto.
- Place peppers in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add to mushroom mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tortellini; return to a boil. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cut prosciutto into thin strips; garnish each serving with prosciutto and cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Tortellini Soup in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p51
Reviews for Italian Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review