Italian Torte Recipe
This is one of my favorite dessert recipes because it's easily and quickly prepared, yet it's very different and delicious, good for any occasion. It is sure to impress your guests as it has mine. -Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and sugar. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining cake layer. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 310 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC