- Arrange tomatoes over sausage mixture. In a small bowl, combine the
- basil, mayonnaise, Parmigiano-Reggiano, parsley, pepper and
- remaining mozzarella cheese; spoon over tomatoes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 396 calories, 30 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.