Italian Swiss Steak Recipe
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Remove meat form bag; pound to flatten.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown steak on both sides in butter. Add the tomatoes, salt, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper and onion. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Swiss Steak(2)
Sort By :
This is very good! I did use more peppers, onions and tomatoes. I also used fresh basil. I served this with rice and warm bread. I will definitely make this again!
Wow. What a great recipe and so yummy. I served it with rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Steak Dinner >
- Steak Recipes >